Hyla Vacuum - The HYLA NST is overpriced and their presentation to people in their homes is a scam.
There is a product similar to the Rainbow vacuum that supposedly "water washes" your air and cleans it out and you can also purchase an attachment to clean your carpets and furniture with. This HYLA NST is between $2399.00 and $2799.00 to purchase. The Rainbow vacuum is half the price. Do not buy the HYLA NST, ever!
I was going to sell the HYLA and do demonstrations in peoples' homes. After the first day of "training", I got this sheet of paper with my presentation on it that I was supposed to personalize, but stick to all the "facts" in the paper. I did my research on all these "facts" and it's all a bunch of garbage and lies. They even said in our training that we had to make the problem in each person's home big enough to make this machine worth it to them to spend over two thousand dollars for.
They claim in this presentation there are 250 million dust mites in your mattress. A different website I pulled up says there are thousands. The people who are trying to sell you the HYLA claim that dust mites "are the cause of all itching, sneezing, scratching, coughing, and even pneumonia". they also claim dust and dust mites spread 90% of all airborn sickness. These claims are completely outrageous on many levels. First of all, dust mites do not cause anybody to itch, scratch, sneeze or cough unless that person is actually allergic to dust mites. And even then, most people are simply allergic to dust mite *** or dead dust mites. And people have to get allergy tests done to confirm this, because there are other things in the home like pet dander and etc, that might be causing the allergy. Even more outrageous than the claim that dust mights cause ALL of people's itching and sneezing is the claim that dust mites cause pneumonia. This is not true at all. Go to any medical website and ask the question "What causes penumonia?" and you will find two kinds of pneumonia's and their causes. You will not see dust mites mentioned at all... not even as a carrier of diseases.
Dust mites are not a parasite and they are not a carrier of diseases. There are ways to help minimize and control dust and dust mites in the home and I have links to a couple websites that list what you can do. None of them mention the HYLA or anything like the HYLA as a solution.
The people who sell the HYLA then claim the EPA says indoor air quality is the number one environmental problem in the country (not true, the EPA website says it's in the top five), and the allergy doctor (they don't say who) states there's only two ways to get rid of dust and dust mites. One way is to cover everything in your house in plastic and the other way is to buy a HYLA. That is also an outrageous claim. If you want to control dust mites in your home, it's not that difficult unless you live an area where it's warm and humid all year round. That's right. Dust mites love warm humid air. If the air in your house has less than 70% humidity, dust mites cannot thrive. Less than 50%, they become outright dormant. And remember, they're not a parasite or carrier of diseases... so only people who are allergic to them need to worry about controlling their population in their home.
The EPA themselves gives guidelines on how to improve the indoor air quality in your home. The two major things you can do are get rid of the source of air pollution (like chemicals and paints lying around that could be exposed to the air and contaminating it), and ventilation. So, in the summer, your best bet is to open the windows and air out the house (provided your outdoor air isn't worse than your indoor air). The EPA even states that air cleaners/filters alone cannot be a substitute for improving the air quality in your home. They can help, but they aren't effective used alone.
Here are all my links that led me to find out about this scam the HYLA people are trying to convince consumers of so that they'll dish out over two thousand dollars. Please save yourself two thousand dollars and don't spend it on this machine!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have had my Hyla for 15 or more years. Love it. Never needed cust service. Starts and works perfect every time. No comparison to the other ones. I guess..."
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "Oven bought 8/2013- 1 year and 2 months ago. Warranty for 1 yr, also purchased extended warranty. Oven on set at 425, went to open and handle screws came out,..."
- "Will never use healthcare.com ever again. 3 calls an hr from 10am to now 2pm. I submitted my # before reading the fine print about various healthcare agents calling even..."
- "Waiting 3 days no resulotion. I cant get aby money out atm. Nor use the card at stores. I have 3 kids to take care off and i have no..."
- "I recently requested a free sample of a couple of products offered by purity products, I paid $4.95 shipping. I received the products and put them aside to give to..."
- "GEICO SUCKS......I WILL BE IN COURTS WITH THESE MORONS VERY SOON! THEY LIE, THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY WHEN YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT, OR WHEN..."
- "I am a physically disabled vet who has limited sight among other issues, so I have a service dog who recently stayed at a Best Western in Columbus, Georgia on..."
- "We booked a stay at the Sandos Playacar with BookVIP and everything was exactly as advertised. I was a little wary due to some negative reviews that I had read..."