Hyla Vacuum - The HYLA NST is overpriced and their presentation to people in their homes is a scam.

May 02, 2010
review #180578

There is a product similar to the Rainbow vacuum that supposedly "water washes" your air and cleans it out and you can also purchase an attachment to clean your carpets and furniture with. This HYLA NST is between $2399.00 and $2799.00 to purchase. The Rainbow vacuum is half the price. Do not buy the HYLA NST, ever!

I was going to sell the HYLA and do demonstrations in peoples' homes. After the first day of "training", I got this sheet of paper with my presentation on it that I was supposed to personalize, but stick to all the "facts" in the paper. I did my research on all these "facts" and it's all a bunch of garbage and lies. They even said in our training that we had to make the problem in each person's home big enough to make this machine worth it to them to spend over two thousand dollars for.

They claim in this presentation there are 250 million dust mites in your mattress. A different website I pulled up says there are thousands. The people who are trying to sell you the HYLA claim that dust mites "are the cause of all itching, sneezing, scratching, coughing, and even pneumonia". they also claim dust and dust mites spread 90% of all airborn sickness. These claims are completely outrageous on many levels. First of all, dust mites do not cause anybody to itch, scratch, sneeze or cough unless that person is actually allergic to dust mites. And even then, most people are simply allergic to dust mite *** or dead dust mites. And people have to get allergy tests done to confirm this, because there are other things in the home like pet dander and etc, that might be causing the allergy. Even more outrageous than the claim that dust mights cause ALL of people's itching and sneezing is the claim that dust mites cause pneumonia. This is not true at all. Go to any medical website and ask the question "What causes penumonia?" and you will find two kinds of pneumonia's and their causes. You will not see dust mites mentioned at all... not even as a carrier of diseases.

Dust mites are not a parasite and they are not a carrier of diseases. There are ways to help minimize and control dust and dust mites in the home and I have links to a couple websites that list what you can do. None of them mention the HYLA or anything like the HYLA as a solution.

The people who sell the HYLA then claim the EPA says indoor air quality is the number one environmental problem in the country (not true, the EPA website says it's in the top five), and the allergy doctor (they don't say who) states there's only two ways to get rid of dust and dust mites. One way is to cover everything in your house in plastic and the other way is to buy a HYLA. That is also an outrageous claim. If you want to control dust mites in your home, it's not that difficult unless you live an area where it's warm and humid all year round. That's right. Dust mites love warm humid air. If the air in your house has less than 70% humidity, dust mites cannot thrive. Less than 50%, they become outright dormant. And remember, they're not a parasite or carrier of diseases... so only people who are allergic to them need to worry about controlling their population in their home.

The EPA themselves gives guidelines on how to improve the indoor air quality in your home. The two major things you can do are get rid of the source of air pollution (like chemicals and paints lying around that could be exposed to the air and contaminating it), and ventilation. So, in the summer, your best bet is to open the windows and air out the house (provided your outdoor air isn't worse than your indoor air). The EPA even states that air cleaners/filters alone cannot be a substitute for improving the air quality in your home. They can help, but they aren't effective used alone.

Here are all my links that led me to find out about this scam the HYLA people are trying to convince consumers of so that they'll dish out over two thousand dollars. Please save yourself two thousand dollars and don't spend it on this machine!

Sources:

afb3437
Had an experience with Hyla Vacuum?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Oct 21

your a *** just sayin for most people its just a job we got kids to feed and you took personal time out of your day to affect our paycheck idk if all that is true or not but if you dont like it dont buy it geese get off our back

Pinenipple Express

Aug 26

HYLA rep just knowcked on my door and gave me a HYAl coupon worth $500. She said it was the best air cleaning system/vacuum in the world. I let one go and said if it could get rid of the smell I would let her in the house. She didn't want to come in.

Mr.Mudd

Jul 10 Farmington, Arkansas

.... I googled it just for fun... there is nothing. Your company is a fat crock of ***, and your a conman.

3 0 Reply

Sep 30, 2013

I used to work for Hyla, it is a scam. I was only paid 650.00 total even though I sold four Hyla's went out and got over 100 referrals a week. They would reject them just so they wouldn't have to pay me the base pay. At the end of the demos they would make me pressure the person into buying one. I felt so bad..... finally I quit after being screwed so many times. My Hyla sucks. It doesn't work right and as for the life time warranty, that's bull as well..... I called to have them fix mine and they said my warranty is up but I can purchase another one, the *** with that. I am trading my Hyla in for a rainbow. They are way better than Hyla. Don't buy or work for Hyla.

3 1 Reply
Chris39

Jun 30 Branson, Missouri

I was told by someone use work for hyla that rainbow brought Hyla out so rainbow is now scamming with Hyla

Bobby Jack

Sep 24, 2013

i just had training today and you only had to have 3 demonstrations, and no set amount of referrals (although the more the better) and it is a set weekly salary of $625. i have seen a demonstration on how the Hyla works and in less a minutes it had captured so much filth in the air it was disgusting to think i was breathing it in.

Hyla distributor

Jun 11, 2013

I sell the Hyla and not once during my entire presentation do I make statements that are false. I have done my research and understand that dust mites can effect your health if you have allergies or asthma like my daughter and husband. My boss also is a fair distributor she has added a warranty that is not included with the original, which is free life time servicing if something should happen to the hyla. Now i have to say that the price even for me is steep but anything that is foreign generally is and, because it has so many different attachments it really does balance out.
Also not once do any of us lie about the hyla getting all bacteria, virus, or dust mites out of your surfaces, because that would be a lie; it does however get a vast majority of them out.
I genuinely love how my hyla has improved the cleanliness of my home.

Haukeye

Jun 24, 2013

I have seen a presentation from you Hyla people, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You are modern day snake oil salesman who sell an over priced bill of goods to *** people. And if you are in fact a Hyla salesman you are full of *** or you no longer work there. If you are so full of *** that you stayed it means you suckered enough *** people into trying to push tha POS product you sell. I don't know how you sleep at night but I hope it's under a bridge.

Tram

Aug 22, 2013

LOL you are a *** :eek

Rich

Nov 20, 2013 Lancaster, Ohio

You dont know what your talking about.You could sale hylas,or any other direct sales cleaning system and become a millionair and change your families life and send your children to college and have alot of happy customers at the same time.Just a thought try to get all of the information before judging a product,company,person,rumor etc.then the sky will b the limit for you also.Goodluck!

3 0 Reply
Distributors are crooks

Sep 03, 2012

I wish the Hyla would be sold in stores-it is worth about 500$-which is still over the amount when it is inported to the states. The distrubuters now in connersville Indiana-same ones from Carmel Indiana are the dust mites of society.-They place ads in the paper saying the base pay is 625.00 a week-then on day 3 you find out you are not getting paid for the training-day four-you realize-you must demonstrate 12 hyla's a week-get 72 referrals, and go door to door with 50 "environmental" surveys-just to make the base pay. When I was hired i was told that telemarketers phoned and scheduled your appointements-all we had to do was demonstrate and take "environmental surveys" on the houses of both sides. So sad-that two women would come into a town that is hurting for jobs and exploit people like that. The person they Hire-later to find out you are not an employee, but they let you use the hyla to sell-and for doing this they get 2000 of the 2500-this is not told during the hiring interview-and the telemarketers-well they get their leads from the 72 referrals the sellers have to come up with. Hyla-us--C&C air purification solutions treat their potential sellers as they expect the potential sellers to treat the buyers. I can not count the times those of us in training were told-"we will get to that" they did get to that-after a week of free working. Miss Caralynn and Chelsie-told us the glycol killed germs-imagine my embarrassment when I read-in front of a potential sale-that... Show more

Hylacankissit

Aug 11, 2012

Hyla is a high pressure sales model that over saturates markets and leaves the salesmen and distributors in the cold as soon as the market dries up. It's a great product and should be sold in stores, but due to the lies of this company I will continue to purchase regular vacuums. Also if you buy a Hyla they try to make you give them your old upright as a trade in because it is sooo bad for you. Yeah whatever. They take those vacuums and sell them. I know this for a fact. So they sell them where they can go back into population. I thought they were killing me Hyla? Crooks the whole lot. Sleezy smoke smelling silver tongued bastards the whole lot.

Brad

Jul 08, 2012

Obviously those of you stating that the Rainbow ISN'T a certified air purifier hasn't seen the newest model. My 2012 Black Diamond Rainbow System IS certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and also by AHAM and ARB. Research those certifications and what it take to get them. Also my Rainbow is 100% American made, by US employees! It was the first of its kind and has continually been improved upon since 1936.
Rainbows are used in medical facilities all over the country as well as the University of Utah's research centers "clean room" (10,000 times cleaner than a hospital operating room). Where they develop electronic brain implants.
So, I'm sure Hyla is a great product. But it is a replication of the Rainbow, or a reimagining if you will, made outside of the US. I believe I will keep my wonderfully American made, time tested, modern research improved Rainbow!
As for all you sceptics of either machine, THE PROOF IS IN THE WATER!

HylaDealer

Jul 05, 2012

Naturebeckles...you must be a rainbow dealer. They hyla is the most amazing machine I have ever layed my eyes on.

Katie

Jun 23, 2012

For all you Rainbow people, you should know that the person that created HYLA was actually a Rainbow person. They got mad at Rainbow, went to Germany and came up with their own design which is actually way better. The HYLA machine is the ONLY machine allergy certified, and will be prescribed by doctors and paid for by some insurance companies including but not limited to Medicaid and Medicare - if that's not legit, I don't know what is. Do you honestly think Rainbow actually improves the air quality of your home? I understand people will stay faithful to their Rainbows, but PLEASE do the research before you go ranting on about the HYLA. It's approx. $2500 and it's made to last a minimum of 15 years - In 15 years, the average American alone spends approx $6800-$21000 on vacuum cleaners, air freshners, repairs, cleaning supplies, etc... that averages to $14000/15 years, whereas the HYLA does it all for around $2500 unless you get a really good deal on it, which happens quite frequently.

Katie

Jun 23, 2012

Becky Murphy

Jun 09, 2012

Dear illiterate people: (And I don't mean you, drankthekoolaid since you understood where I'm coming from).

I'm not saying the vacuum itself is not a good product. I'm saying they are falsely making dust mites to be an evil dangerous thing when they're not. (and for the absolute morons that say i don't know what I'm talking about need to go do the same research i did instead of acting like their salesmen knows it all). And I'm saying they're marketing for these vacuums is also based on falsehoods. They should be telling the truth about their vacuum and being honest. You are all spending energy about how great the vacuum is when my problem lies in the scam of how they're sold to begin with. I bet the air in your house is no cleaner than mine.

1-20 of 75 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hyla Vacuum.
Filing a new complaint about
×